Find out how the ‘Small Change’ campaign dramatically improved workplace giving employee participation from only 7% of staff to an outstanding 54%!
‘Small Change’ campaign details are below:
Campaign name: Small Change
Campaign objective: to raise participation in workplace giving to over 50%
Core campaign message: Your Small Change of $1 a week will make a big difference to our charity partners
Key campaign elements
- Teaser – images in tea rooms to prompt thought about what $1 can buy (1/3 of a coffee, 1/5 a box of cereal etc.)
- Inspire and create desire – the entire issue of SEEK’s monthly internal publication were devoted to Small Change. Articles profiled charities, detailed the virtues of workplace giving, and also listed $52 reasons why $52 is not a lot of money. Inspirational quotes about charity were posted in the elevators as well as the Small Change logo being displayed throughout the building and on intranet.
- Prompt action
- A busker played music in our foyer from morning to afternoon. In his open guitar case a large Small Change logo was placed.
- E-mail sent to staff in the afternoon inviting participation.
- At 3pm chocolate coins were delivered to staffs desks with a personal reminder to sign up to Small Change
- A PR release about campaign, as part of Workplace Giving Month and support of the ACF, was distributed
- Sign up cards were left on desks offering another way to get involved (in addition to online communication)
- A mid-June email update tracked our progress and encouraged more people to participate
Campaign results – participation increased from 7% - 54%, a lift of 771%.