To recognise businesses and charities who are commitment in encouraging more Australians to support the community through smarter giving, The Australian Charities Fund (ACF) will award businesses and charities for excellence during Workplace Giving Month.
The following awards are up for grabs:
- Highest increase in employee participation (employer award)
- Best Workplace Giving Month promotion (employer award)
- Best Workplace Giving Month promotion (charity award)
If your organisation participated in Workplace Giving Month get your entries in for the 2014 Workplace Giving Month Awards, with the event scheduled for the evening of 20 August 2014 in Sydney – we encourage you to save the date.
Workplace Giving Month is in its fourth year and momentum continues to build. There were some great achievements this year including:
- The Hon. Malcolm Turnbull MP launched the ‘One Million Donors’ campaign in Canberra – have a look at Minister Turnbull’s heartfelt message about the meaning of giving
- A record 91 organisations registered
- Outstanding national media coverage was achieved, including:
- National Foxtel ad
- National Hoyts and Events ad
- Seek website ad
- The Commonwealth Bank NetBank log in and log off ad
- The Commonwealth Bank Community blog - Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much
- The Sydney Morning Herald article – Payback from workplace giving scheme
- Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia article – Workplace Giving Month
- Brisbane Business News article – Collins Foods give back $2.4 million to charity.
ACF thanks everyone who made Workplace Giving Month 2014 the most successful campaign to date! These achievements would not have been possible without the collaborative effort between government, businesses, employees and the not for profit sector. We’re definitely on the road to achieving one million Australians giving through the workplace by 2020 and seeing significant social impact in the communities in which we live and work.